Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reflection on Class So Far

I feel that class is going well so far. I do find it a bit hard to keep on top on everything just with my course load this semester but I'm trying to keep myself organized and on track. I can at least be thankful that I'm not too much a procrastinator. 


I am a little worried that I'm not right on track with the chapters that we're supposed to be reading out of the Canadian Democracy textbook and that that might mess me up on the quiz that we're supposed to have. I'll just ask about that on Tuesday though. 


I find the lectures a bit hard to write good notes for because I don't always see how things connect and are related as they are presented right away. I just try to write down the notes verbatim though and go through and figure it all out later. 


Our first seminar with Ali was awkward just because people weren't really speaking up and there was a lot of awkward silences. I'm hoping that this week goes a lot smoother though and that people speak up more. 

1 comment:

  1. I think take effective notes is very important for you to organized your courses, not only in POLS1303, and here is exactly what I do during the class. Using abbreviations for often used words and special terms can speed up your note taking. Also, be alert for signals of importance: anything written on power point, definitions, examples, emphasized words, and repeated ideas. And Sometimes there are some examples or details related to some emphasized words or repeated ideas, writing down examples and connections between ideas is essential, because details that serve as a bridge between the ideas. Moreover, do not forget to review your notes after class to classify and expand them.

    ReplyDelete