Sunday, February 6, 2011

Al Jazeera

I actually had never heard of Al Jazeera before, so it was really interesting for me to look up what it is. Firstly I found the actual Al Jazeera website and read some of the articles on it and compared it to what I was reading in some other newspapers. I found it to be pretty in sync with what I was reading elsewhere, especially about what's happening in Egypt. 


I did some more reading on other websites about Al Jazeera and found out that it's considered to be pretty controversial because it lacks a lot of the reporting restrictions that a lot of other newscasting groups have, especially in the Middle East. I thought that this was really interesting because I don't think that I believe in censorship, at least to a certain degree.  I thought it was interesting that other media outlets like CNN and BBC have re-shown interviews and footage that was originally from Al Jazeera. This would led me to believe that it is a solid media outlet, since BBC is one of the finest in our time. This is confirmed again to me by the fact that BBC has signed an agreement with Al Jazeera for sharing information and resources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment