Sunday, February 13, 2011

Question of the Week

I know I'm posting these all in a clump but I just have been putting it off. Reading others peoples blogs gave me a better idea of what this really was supposed to be so I feel more comfortable with it now I guess.


Why are such important aspects of life, such as food and nutrition handed over to industries? Food has been so industrialized now, especially meat, it's a sad thing. People have become extremely dis-attached from where their food comes from. I feel like food should be handled personally and should be done better, ensuring healthier, more wholesome food. You shouldn't be eating it if the people making or preparing it had to wear surgical masks in the process.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you in the fact that we now are dis-attached or careless about the origin of our food. It is sure that we can do it better but do you really think that one should not eat food only because those who made it wore surgical mask ?because to me,each job as its requirements regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Djibril, I really do believe that. We'll need to watch Food Inc. together. When you compare farms such as polyface farms compared to our regular slaughterhouses and the difference is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comments, Djibril and Jenna! Food Inc. is available in the library, if you need somwhere to borrow it from.

    ReplyDelete