Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reading What My Classmates Have Posted:

For our research discovery quest this week we were asked to look at classmate's blogs and to leave comments. I found it actually really fun to see what other people have been looking at and read stuff on over half of them. Here is what I left as comments:


Peter LaMarre:


  Hey Peter, After reading this I clicked on the links up at the top of the post and read the articles for myself that you had sourced. I thought this was really interesting because I'd never really thought or wondered about civilian casualties in Iraq before. It brought up some good questions in my mind about the actual amount of casualties and what that might mean to what effect our occupation has had in Iraq.




Brad Tierney:  


The day before they had announced a tuition cap at 3%, this amounts to a max 185$ increase per year and they decided to keep the bursaries that are given each year to students in Nova Scotia. This is a huge difference from the predicted 86%. Do you think that influenced the decision of students to go moreso than weather or laziness?




Aminta Richard: 


 Hey, I actually did a huge paper on this last semester. Did you know that by the time your average woman is done getting ready in the morning she has applied an average of 126 toxic chemicals to her body? Absolutely insane. There are lots of cosmetic companies though along with others that are slowly getting away from it. Things containing phthalates, parabens, triclosan and fragrance (parfum) are all things that should be avoided to limit toxcity exposure from cosmetics. I agree that more should be done to educate people so that wiser consumer choices are made. There are some really good books out there though on the topic. Slow Death by Rubber Duck is probably my favourite.




Daniel Toney:


  I agree with you that this is a ridiculous anti terrorist tactic. Looking at how things like education are getting budget cuts and stuff, spending money on something like this seems rather useless. I would assume that most terrorists don't figure out their attack tactics and plans of terror and scare over social networking sites such as Facebook  


Katrina Katrina: (no last name specified that I could find?)


  There seems to be a lot in the news lately about the treatment of mentally ill people. I can't ever imagine having to keep a child tethered on a line. It really goes to show how mentally ill people are extremely misunderstood and that not enough is done to understand and to try to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment