Sunday, January 23, 2011

United Kingdom - Iraq Inquiry told to "protect US interests"

So for my first non-mainstream media blog I decided to finally take a look at Wikileaks, a website that is intended to post articles of non-mainstream news. Flipping through Wikileaks, I felt that the website was awkward to use and I didn't like how it was laid out. Also, with all the "//SECRET" and stuff like that on the website, I feel like it's just for people who are really into conspiracy theories to help prove their point rather than anything actually tangible. 


The article just spoke of a meeting that apparently happened between some governmental figures regarding the Iraq War.  The quote below is what I found to be the most interesting out of the article I read:  "Chilcot replied, “Discussions and evidence sessions are not necessarily the same thing, and of course we have no power to compel witnesses here, let alone people in foreign governments. Nonetheless, I accept the thrust behind your question, that the Anglo-American relationship is one of the most central parts of this inquiry, and how that was conducted is something that we need to get a very strong understanding of.”"


This quote I felt shows how good people have gotten at manipulating the English language and the various meanings that things can have. I don't think it necessarily surprises me that the government is corrupt to the point that other countries are protecting other governments when it comes to things like this, but it was just an interesting read. 




http://wikileaks.ch/Iraq-Inquiry-told-to-protect-US.html

No comments:

Post a Comment