Monday, April 4, 2011

Class Reflection

I haven't really been keeping up with my blogging for this class, but I'm going to be completely caught up by Friday I hope. I've been busy writing term papers and was gone away for a sustainability symposium that I was on the planning committee for.

I really enjoyed Don Julian when he came to speak to the class. He is a really good speaker and I felt that he offered a lot of insight. He seems like he has had a lot of amazing experiences and like he is extremely knowledgeable on a variety of topics. I would have liked to be able to spend more time getting to learn from him.

I also really enjoyed last Tuesday's class on corporate agriculture, I've been doing a lot of research into it, it's an area of high interest for me. I really enjoyed people's reactions. I think that being in a major where things like that are common knowledge, I forget that the majority of people have no knowledge about origins of food and how terrible our current food system is.

No comments:

Post a Comment