Friday, March 4, 2011

Glue Pour

Photobucket

Last year in my high school art class, we did some stuff on Robert Smithson. Smithson is the credited with being the founder of the Earth art movement. What is Earth art? Earth art is the creation of art using mostly natural and holistic materials. Earth art is usually located in nature and pictures of the creations is what is displayed in a gallery, not the pieces themselves.

This is one of Smithson's pieces, entitled "Glue Pour". It is located somewhere around Vancouver, B.C. I think that although it's not intended to be political art, I think it has that behind it. I think that Earth art images are very moving and they show us how far removed we've become from nature, something that I consider to be one of our issues with dealing with many environmental issues today.

No comments:

Post a Comment