Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big strides, but is it a woman’s world?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1231869.html


I actually didn't know that it was International Women Day today until I had seen a few Facebook postings about it and then the article being front page of the Chronicle Herald. 


I just think it's interesting because I can't imagine not being able to vote and things like that. I remember in one class I had in high school, our teacher said to us that although feminist is a word that people frown on today or are reluctant to use that if you believe in that women have equal rights, then you are indeed a feminist. 


A lot of the comments on this article were actually really positive. I find that usually people make ridiculous comments on articles and blame everything on Peter Kelly but the comments were light hearted and kind for once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment